Hi, I'm Julia
Fine Art Photographer
Lover of Art
Based at the edge of the Dandenong Ranges.
Surrounded by trees, wildlife, mountains and my dogs.
With the sound of bellbirds and the soft touch of a light breeze. That's my happy place, and I'm lucky enough to call this my workspace.
My studio is one of my favourite places to be.
It's here that I create fine art portraits and capture personality and have opportunities to meet so many wonderful people.
That's why I do what I do. I love art. I love individuality.
And I love helping people discover confidence and beauty.
I get to create lifelong memories, and portraits that become my client's most treasured possessions.
"A thing that you see in my pictures is that I was not afraid to fall in love with these people."
- Annie Leibovitz
Things I LOVE
We create memories that are treasured.
We create confidence & self love.
We create works of art.
Awards | Qualifications | Publications | Collections
- 2018, Highly Commended in the Landscape Category, in the Capture Magazine Top Emerging Photographers competition, for series ‘Stillness & Reflection’.
- 2018, Launched Julia Nance Portraits
- 2017, Highly Commended in the Art category in the 2017 Capture Magazine Top Emerging Photographers competition, for series Young Poise.
- 2015, Finalist Capture Magazine’s Top Emerging Photographer’s Competition – Advertising category.
- 2014, Winner Sally Brownbill Folio Consultancy Award.
- 2014, Winner for Two Girls Building, Abbotsford. RMIT Enchanted Competition.
- 2014, Graduated from RMIT University Bachelor of Arts (Photography) with Distinction.
- 2012, Runner Up in the Yarra Ranges Council Photographic competition.
- 2011, Awarded Dux of the Arts – Tintern Schools.
- 2011, Award for Studio Arts – Tintern Schools.
- 2014, BA Arts (Photography), Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, graduated with Distinction.
- Over 8 years of experience in studio lighting and photography.
- More than 10 years of experience in photographing people and portraits.
- More than 10 years of experience with Adobe Photoshop and retouching.
- 2018, Image featured on the Nikon Australia Instagram and Facebook Page.
- 2018, Written Article. Featured on ‘This Woman Can‘ website.
- 2018, Images and interview double page feature in Tintern Grammar School Magazine ‘Factis‘ (print and digital copies)
- 2017,Images and written article featured in Fiji Airways in flight magazine Fiji Time May/June issue. Printed and digital copies.
- 2017,Image featured in the National Geographic Your Shot Daily Dozen, January 13, 2017.
- 2017,Image featured on ‘Discover Ocean’ Instagram account.
- 2016, Image Jonathan from the series Lovers chosen for inclusion in The Annual magazine by Capture (Emerging Category, published in Hard copy and electronic editions).
- 2014, Image Swan chosen for inclusion in The Annual magazine edition by Capture (student category, published in hard copy and in iPad edition).
- 2012, Yarra Ranges Council magazine front cover.
- 2014, 2 pieces in the Tintern Schools permanent art collection. Swan, The Writer.
- 2014, 3 pieces in the Two Girls Building permanent collection, Abbotsford. Swan, Resignation, Lift.
- 2014, 1 piece in the private collection of Peter Cahill, art collector and Director of the Domain Hill Property Group: Swan.
- 2014, RMIT Graduate exhibition RAW.
- 2013, RMIT Second year photography exhibition.
- 2012, RMIT First Visions photography exhibition.
- 2011, Tintern Schools Year 12 Art Exhibition.